Technology Upgrade Information Center
As part of our commitment to continue to provide you with the best banking experience, we will upgrade our computer processing system. Our new system will help us continue to provide the Hometown Banking At Its Best you have come to expect.
Start: Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6 p.m. EST
Finish: Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8 a.m. EST
With our new processing system, there are some changes that will affect the products and services we provide to you. We want you to be aware of these changes and ask that you read this letter carefully to help ensure the transition to our new system is as seamless to you as possible.
What to Expect: During Conversion
- Our branch offices will close at 6 p.m. EST on Friday, June 4, 2021 and will remain closed until Monday, June 7, 2021 at their regularly scheduled opening time. During that time period, both our lobbies and drive-thru facilities will remain closed.
- Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Telephone Banking and Bill Pay will be unavailable Friday, June 4 at 6 p.m. EST through Monday, June 7 at 8 a.m. EST.
We do not anticipate there being any time during conversion that you will be unable to access your funds by using your ATM/debit card. However, please be prepared to utilize an alternative form of payment during the weekend of June 4, 2021 through June 7, 2021, in case there is an unplanned disruption of service.
What to Expect: After Conversion
What Will Stay The Same
- Your account number will remain the same. You may continue using your current checks and deposit slips.
- Your debit card and P.I.N. will stay the same.
- If you have set up Overdraft Transfer Protection or automatic transfers between your accounts, these services will continue after the upgrade.
- If you are a current registered user of personal Online Banking, Business eBanking, or our Mobile App, your User ID and password will be the same.
- Loan numbers and payment dates will stay the same. For customers who use a coupon book, you may continue to use your existing coupons when making payments.
- If you have a Citizens First Bank safe deposit box, your annual rental fee will continue to be billed and debited as it is today.
What Will Change
- A great benefit you will see after our upgrade is the current 4 p.m. cutoff time for transaction processing will be extended. Effective June 7, the cutoff time will be 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6 p.m. on Fridays. Transactions processed on Saturdays will continue to be effective on Monday’s business day, as they are today.
- Deposit accounts will receive two statements in the month of June. Regular statements will be sent out as usual, but statements will also be printed and mailed as of June 4, when the upgrade takes place. Interest will be paid and credited as accrued for both statement cycles.
- Combined Statements – If you have more than one account, you may receive a statement that includes multiple accounts. It is possible that your statement date may change in order to combine your accounts.
- Mortgage Statements – The timing of your statement may change and you will no longer receive a return envelope with your statement. We encourage you to enroll in automatic payments using the back of your statement coupon.
- Debit Card Rewards – Customers whose accounts earn rewards for debit card activity, including the American Heroes and Real Interest Checking products, will notice a change in the timing of the credit being issued to their account. Effective June 7, 2021, rewards for debit card activity will be paid on the business day following the last day of the statement.
- Telephone Banking - This service was formerly known as “First Express”. When you first use our new Phone Banking system after the upgrade, you will be asked to follow a few simple steps to re-enroll:
- You will be asked to enter the Social Security Number or Tax ID Number listed on your account.
- You will be prompted to enter your temporary Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.) which is the last four digits of the Social Security Number or Tax ID Number.
- You will be asked to change your temporary P.I.N. to a new, permanent 4-digit P.I.N. of your choice.
Thank you for your business. We remain committed to provide excellent service, and this system upgrade will help us continue that commitment into the future.