Frequently Asked Questions
Easy. Secure. Private.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy. The entire transaction is secure, as your debit card numbers aren’t stored on the device or on Apple’s® server, so they’re never shared with the merchant. And, if your iPhone is ever lost or stolen, just use the “Find My iPhone” feature to locate and lock it.
1. What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® 6 or iPhone 6 Plus by holding your phone near a contactless reader. You can also use your phone, iPad Air™ and iPad Mini™ 3 to pay within certain apps.
2. What do I need to get started with Apple Pay?
• iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus or later to pay in stores and within apps
• iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 or later to pay within apps
• iOS 8.1 or later
• Touch ID™, Face ID™, or passcode on your device
• iCloud® account
3. Which Citizens First Bank card can I use with Apple Pay?
You can use select Citizens First Bank debit cards.
4. When I add my Citizens First Bank card to Apple Pay it doesn’t look like the card in my wallet. Why?
Apple Pay displays default images for all Citizens First Bank debit cards, so the image displayed may not match the design of your physical card exactly.
5. How do I change my default card to my Citizens First Bank card?
The credit or debit card associated with your iTunes® account or the first card you add to Passbook® is your default card. To change your default card:
1. Go to Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay.
2. Tap Default Card.
3. Choose a new card.
6. How do I replace my old Citizens First Bank card with my new card on Apple Pay?
You’ll delete the old card from Apple Pay and add the new card. To delete the old card, go into “Settings,” open “Passbook & Apple Pay,” select the card you want to delete and tap “Remove Card.” To add your new card, simply follow the easy step instructions.
7. Are my payments safe with Apple Pay?
Yes. When you use Apple Pay, your Citizens First Bank card number isn’t stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. You still enjoy all the benefits of your Citizens First Bank debit card, which includes our Zero Liability policy that protects you from unauthorized purchases.
8. How are my privacy and personal information protected?
Since Apple Pay doesn’t store your credit or debit card number on the device, you never reveal your name, card number or security code to merchants.
9. Am I able to opt out of Apple Pay at any time?
Adding your credit or debit cards to Apple Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
10. Which merchants are participating?
You can use Apple Pay at millions of participating retailers. Visit https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/ to see a full list.
11. Is Apple Pay free?
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.
12. Where can I get more information on Apple Pay?
More information is available at https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.