Frequently Asked Questions
Easy. Secure. Private.
Making payments with Samsung Pay is easy. The entire transaction is secure, as your debit card numbers aren’t stored on the device or on Samsung’s server, so they’re never shared with the merchant.
1. What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your eligible Samsung smartphone by holding your phone near a credit card terminal.
2. What do I need to get started with Samsung Pay?
One of the eligible smartphones listed below.
Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 or later.
Visit https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/ for a full list of compatible Samsung devices.
3. Which Citizens First Bank card can I use with Samsung Pay?
You can use select Citizens First Bank debit cards.
4. When I add my Citizens First Bank card to Samsung Pay it doesn’t look like the card in my wallet. Why?
Samsung Pay displays default images for all Citizens First Bank debit cards, so the image displayed may not match the design of your physical card exactly.
5. How do I change my default card to my Citizens First Bank card?
The credit or debit card associated with your Samsung Pay account or the first card you add to Samsung Pay is your default card. To change your default card:
1. Go to Settings > Samsung Pay.
2. Tap Default Card.
3. Choose a new card.
6. How do I replace my old Citizens First Bank card with my new card on Samsung Pay?
You’ll delete the old card from Samsung Pay and add the new card. To delete the old card, go into “Settings,” open “Samsung Pay,” select the card you want to delete and tap “Remove Card.” To add your new card, simply follow the easy step instructions.
7. Are my payments safe with Samsung Pay?
Yes. When you use Samsung Pay, your Citizens First Bank card number isn’t stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. You still enjoy all the benefits of your Citizens First Bank debit card, which includes our Zero Liability policy that protects you from unauthorized purchases.
8. How are my privacy and personal information protected?
Since Samsung Pay doesn’t store your credit or debit card number on the device, you never reveal your name, card number or security code to merchants.
9. Am I able to opt out of Samsung Pay at any time?
Adding your credit or debit cards to Samsung Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
10. Which merchants are participating?
You can use Samsung Pay at almost any location that has a credit card terminal. Visit https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/ for a more complete list of compatible retailers.
11. Is Samsung Pay free?
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.
12. Where can I get more information on Samsung Pay?
More information is available at https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/.
Samsung, the Samsung logo, and Samsung Pay are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.